14.6.16

Throw me a line

As bright as it might seem
from the pale blue light
casts away from the candle
as bright as the sun within
from the tenets of the dawn
torn as cattle under fainted guns
undecided about the gloves to wear
as protection sways in thin shades
and the battleground is served
for the major play unset.
Throw me a line.
Just a line
as modest as it might seem
for graveyards halt in no hope
if they write hope for my body.
I need a clear line
canvassing for fertile ground
as vivid as the tone of seeds ranging
from your hands.
As long as you throw me a line
punching against fearless priests
I will breathe from within
and flood the highest candle that feeds
the dazzling, ill-free, gifted sky
under our feet.
Because
the line that you threw me
jostled the sky from our hands.

Sem comentários: